Saturday, April 25, 2009

Crrrkkk--Bing!

Cows.  Why don't we have cows wandering the streets of the city?  And horse-drawn carriages.  What happened to those?

I'm just saying...

I like it here with the cows and horses.  It's cozy.

sshhhrrrrp--bing!  Next topic...

Today we went up to one of the volcanos and took a tour called the Canopy Tour.  We climbed up into the trees, were hooked to wires, and then zipped from one tree to another. It was thrilling!  And then, at the end, we rappelled down the last tree.  Really fast.  It actually startled me, but it was so fun.  I love it when my stomach jumps up into my throat.  The road up the volcano was extremely bumpy...I can't believe their cars make that trek twice a day.  When we were ready to go back down, we discovered that the truck had two flat tires.  So rather than drive all the way back down, we walked for a little while, and then drove the rest of the way when another truck met us.  I'm sure they weren't thrilled to have flat tires, but it worked out well for us, because we got a little walking tour of the forests there.  There were these really cool birds with hanging nests and yellow tails, both of which they're named for.  We saw a monkey too!  Don't worry, didn't bite us.  He was alone, and we think he was sulking because he was all alone hunched over on a branch.  It was quite a pleasant walk, and I'll admit, much as I enjoy Granada, it was nice to get out of the city and hike a little.

ssshhrrrp---clnkfrglbrrrrr----bing!
OoPs, better have that looked at...

Yesterday afternoon we had a little party at the school with some of the old and new students, and of course, the professors.  We got Mojitos (Mother, do we still have our mint bush?  Don't get rid of it, mmkay?), kebabs (you buy kebab!), and dancing.  Pablo, the guy who taught us some dancing at the school the other day, made sure we were invited to a bar that evening with the group...and since I'm not big on going out and hoping I'll meet complete strangers at a bar (I'm boring, I know), I was happy to have the opportunity to go with a group of people I knew.  We left the party a little early to accompany our landlady/hostess/friend to a church service.  Later that evening we went to a bar with the group from school.  It was an interesting evening.  We started walking, and then they decided we would go somewhere a little farther away, so they hailed a taxi.  There nine of us.  It was a normal sized taxi.  And what do you think?  We all fit in.  It was...how shall I say...a bit crowded.  When we got to the bar, it was open, but no one was there, so we walked farther down the road to another place and sat down.  I really have to mention that I was quite the bell of the ball, and it was a very strange experience.  I danced quite a bit.  The guys at our table kept asking me, and then a man from another party asked me...and raved about me afterwards.  I find it a bit ironic, because when I go dancing at home, I never get asked.  I usually either sit on the side, dance by myself, or dance with the other girls who aren't getting asked.  So this made for a nice change, I suppose.  We turned in a little earlier than everyone else did, since we had a fairly early morning the next morning (this morning).  But it was fun.

Okay, that's all for now, I suppose.

Did ew know...?
Everyone needs a healthy level of crunchiness in their life.
Thank you for choosing Lod's Little Tidbits, and have a nice day.

Charitys:  I'm very pleased you found me.  I hate being lost!  And I'm very glad we've been reunited.

SaraBee:  Cruncy Zac...I approve.  And no, dear, I'm afraid I'm not...afraid.  Hmmm...perhaps that was poor wording on my part...

6 comments:

  1. Pardon me, but that should be "belle" of the ball. Or were you referring to the fact that you may be a ding-a-ling? In any case, I'm glead you had a good time. Tell Elizabeth that we are anxiously awaiting her next blog, so that we can hear what really happened.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, don't go correcting my spelling since it is really thick fingers rather than poor spelling.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want cows and horse-drawn carriages. Can I come visit? Actually, cows were one of my favorite things about L'Abri. Very cozy. Sounds like an outstanding day and evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. guess I need to go dancing in another country then.

    brazil had little horse-drawn carts and cows wandering around all the time as well. it IS cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as per responding to my post, no jake hadn't seen 10th kingdom yet, and yes, he's enjoying it...we've put alias season 4 on hold while we are watching it...that says a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what was so belle-ish of you? were you dressed up? or was it that you were getting asked to dance over others? i was more info on that, cause i'm confused, and you konw who i hate that, i feel left out, then want to sit and cry and pout and whine, and no one wants that to happen eh?

    ReplyDelete