Monday, April 20, 2009

Things That Make Me Feel Crunchy

-Having people bring me things I want instead of making me get it-
We went to Laguna Apoyo with Uncle Gerard, and hung out again with his wonderfully diverse group friends (a few of which we already knew from a few weeks ago, which was nice). When we went down to swim in the lake, someone was sent to bring us lifejackets while we just waited down by the water. Not that we knew where the lifejackets were anyway...but meh. Of course, we didn´t wear our jackets...that´s totally uncool...and uncomfortable...but we did enjoy floating on them and riding the waves. I also managed not to get burned, which is a definite plus. So in that sense (and that sense only) I am not crunchy, as I was not burned to a crisp this time.

On a side note...I suppose I should mention that when I was burned before on the way to Uncle Gerard´s island, my legs grew a sense of humour. Whereas I used to burn, peel, and go back to being white, they decided to tan a little this time. The result? I now have a very splotchy and uneven tan on only one side of each leg, and a clear cut-off line just below my knee. Little scamps.

-Sitting in a pool drinking coke and whisky-
Farther back from the lake, they had a covered patio with food and drinks, and right next to that was a sort of private pool with a little water fall, and then a small corridor of water that led to another small pool with a stone bench built into. So Elizabeth and I sat in the little pool with our drinks feeling very crunchy indeed.

-Understanding conversations in Spanish-
Sometimes I´m completely lost, but if I pick up on the context and I listen really closely, I can actually follow the vein of some conversations. It´s very exciting. It helps when they pronounce their ´s´s. Here in Nicaragua, they have a tendency to drop a lot of their ´s´s, which makes it difficult to follow. So I´ve just started mentally adding an ´s´to every other word and it usually makes more sense. It´s so silly, really. I mean, i´´s no´like I´d ever drop-r-slur ledders in English. Psh.

-Being a VIP
Well, okay, that might be overstating it a little...but some bratty little part of me enjoys the fact that when that group from our Spanish school went to Laguna Apoyo, they were in the public restaurant and beach area. When we went, we were in a private area with a private pool, hammocks, music, etc. And, of course, excellent company. Come on, you´d feel crunchy too. What can I say?¿? I know people.

-Being told I have nice lips-
Well, that doesn´t really having anything to do with...anything. But since I´m so fond of lips myself, I admit it is a compliment I particularly appreciate. Rather like Anne Shirley feeling crunchy because of a compliment on her nose, I suppose.

Well, I´m sure there are plenty of other things that make me feel crunchy. But I´ll leave it at that for now.

Did ew know...?¿?
One should be able to center one´s title if one wants.
Thank you for choosing Lod´s Little Tidbits, and have a nice day.

SaraBee: I´m sorry dear, your angry face just doesn´t scare me. I think you were going to work on making it scarier. Have you gotten a round tuit yet?¿? Would you like to borrow one?¿? Besides which, I´m sure you´re only angry over the "government employee" thingy because you know it´s really true. Truth hurts, doesn´t it? And regarding sarcasm, never fear, I´ve found ways. I will have Spanish completely mutilated by the time I get home. We´ve already worked on saying things like "Don´t you feel crunchy?" and "Arrow´d!!!" It´s great fun.

Sanna: Tired of Zac´s face?¿? Not possible, I tell you. He´s much too pretty. And Smart Zac is now just Other Zac? Hee hee. He´s been demoted. Now that we know he doesn´t really have to work hard at all. :-)=

7 comments:

  1. speaking of crunchy, i just happened to be eating nummy cheddar and sour cream lays when you called...mmmm good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. you both feel crunchy, and admit it! I LOVE this.

    ok, I forgot actually, that he was Smart Zac. My bad. won't happen again. so what's Zac Efron? Pretty Zac? hahahaha.

    "arrow'd!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i like your little scamps!
    so I just realized I had been WAITING on your other blog to be updated when I hadn't updated my following with this one! oh that frustrates me...geez. Well I'm glad we've been reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And how's this for an angry face? >>>:-< Scared yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should have worn the life jackets! Sounds like you are being spoiled, will you be able to return to humble Utah and be content. I think so
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete