Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Plot of the Pugnacious Pests

I know, I know. After a title like that one, you´re waiting for a tale of epic proportions. Well, I´m sorry. I´m tired. My brain hurts. My blood hurts. And I really just pulled the title out of a hat (yes, I have hats in my head...don´t you?). It has nothing to do with anything I really wanted to talk about. I´m going to eat lunch. Maybe when I come back to this I can give you a story worthy of the title.

I downed a truckload of water yesterday. Yesterday being the date of this post, since that´s when I started it. But today, the day after the date of the post, is the day I posted this...post. Yeah. I felt like I was on the verge of a headache all day yesterday, and was barely fending it off with...a truckload of water. Anyway, what I really wanted to talk about was that I saw my first gato (cat) yesterday, when we went and helped make tortillas. It was this adoroble, teeny little kitty, all thin and scraggly. And very feisty. She kept jumping all over the perro (dog) and biting and batting, and the dog just sat there...and sat there...it was really funny.

But if you want a story about the title...
We have an ant problem in our room. And they´re not just after the food. I´m not exactly sure what they want, but almost every night they crawl across the wall, past Elizabeth´s bed, to the shelf next to my bed, and swarm. Over nothing. Just the water pitcher...and a few books. When we wash dishes, we have to dry immediately, or they´ll swarm to the dishes. They´re so weird. I think eating isn´t enough for them. I think they´re holding meetings. I think they want to take over the world.
But that´s all. No worries.

In other k-news, yesterday, for the second half of our class, we walked to a woman´s home and helped make tortillas. And then we helped eat them. In the afternoon, for our activity, we took a boat over to one of the islands and relaxed and chatted. It was nice. We sat in the shade, and there was a breeze, so it was very pleasant. And we got una cerveza (a beer) and un vaso de jugo de mango (a glass of mango juice...or something like that) for a dollar each. Which is completely uninteresting, but hey, not everything here can be exciting, can it? I´m so sorry I don´t have any exciting stories about the mango juice. Stop pressuring me. But one of the teachers with us, Josue, is a very good singer and dancer, and he´s also very...energetic...and happy...so that was a lot of fun. I mean, I didn´t dance, but I had fun watching others have fun. Wow. I´m such a waste of space. I´m gonna go rethink my life...

Mmkay, enough thinking. But enough typing too. I obviously ran out of things to say...mmm...about fifteen minutes ago.

Did ew know...?
Tortillas in Nicaragua are easier to make than the tortillas in Mexico.
Thank you for choosing Lod´s Little Tidbits, and have a nice day.

Cas*: Hmm. I think you may give me too much credit of forethought. Either that, or I´m so brilliant that I plan things like that without thinking. Really, it´s more likely, since this is me we´re talking about, that I simply forgot to tell you the name of the book. But who knows...I could be a closet genius. And as far as the translation...give a few months, mmkay? And yes I have seen that website...and love it...and thanx for thinking of me! :-)=

Mother: Oh, I was nice. Believe me. I didn´t mention any names, did I? And it won´t be me, because even if I do know a lot by then, I won´t have a superiority complex. Or at least I´ll hide it better. :-)=

Cas*: Ha ha. You thought I forgot the name again, didn´t you? Hee hee hee. The book´s called Ender´s Game.

4 comments:

  1. The kids in the HS were reading that..i think the sophomore year. i haevn't read it...now i can't remember why you mentioned it....LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tortillas, yum! And I'm so glad you found a cat. Now all is right with the world. As far as those ants go, if those pugnacious little pests get out of hand, your landlady might have some insect spray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zac's in a new movie. are you gonna watch it while in an exotic, foreign country?

    ReplyDelete