Sunday, April 12, 2009

I´m an Islander

Well, er, no, I´m really not. I´m too white. And I don´t wear bikinis.  Or even a bikini.  But I did spend the weekend on my uncle's island.  The Spanish ambassador and his family came to visit on Friday.  We spent a lot of time relaxing, swimming, drinking coke and whisky, and visiting with friends from other islands.  And how snobby do I sound?  It's all true.  I can't believe how wonderfully pampered I've been over the last weekend.  Uncle Gerard and Maria Celia (I hope I spelled that correctly) have been so generous.  Much as I enjoyed myself, I have to say that coming back to Granada was a bit like coming home, which was nice.  I suppose one can only relax so much.  Or, well, at least I can only relax so much.  And after moving around every couple of days for six months last year, it is fantastic to be able to unpack my stuff.

I could spend a lot more time giving details on my weekend, but quite frankly, I'm not inclined to spend hours on the internet, nor could I really even if I wanted to...so suffice it to say that my weekend was great, and it's good to be back in Granada now to learn more Spanish.  So in case you were wondering where we were (Cassie, ya little minx), that's where we were.  Can you believe it...no wireless connection on the islands.  Psh.  :-)=

Okay, that's enough typing for me.  I'm far too distracted.  Being in the school instead of the house equals mas distracciones.

Did ew know...?
A cold shower when it's hot can be as heavenly as a hot shower when it's cold.
Thank you for choosing Lod's Little Tidbits, and have a nice day.

Susanna: Alas, the connection here is slow, so I may not be able to watch the new Zac movie online. But I fully intend to see it as soon as I get the chance. Sure, the movie may be completely predictable, but hello...it´s Zac!  Now if only there was a poster above my head right now that had Zac on it so I could think about him some more.  Oh, look, there is!  No seriously, I'm at the Spanish school right now (my class just ended for the day), and I'm using their internet, and there's a High School Musical 2 poster on the wall in front of me.  How pleasant.

2 comments:

  1. that's funny! about the zac poster, I half thought to call sanna and plan a care package to send your way....but since you already have the eye candy, guess you don't need it! thanks for checking in! I didn't take any pics this weekend, but i'll try to this coming week/weekend, and then i'll post. easter was fun though...maybe i'll post...just to have something new up there....(thanks for the idea...or rather having a place that i can think out loud, and then come up with good ideas........i'm silly.)

    ReplyDelete